Tuesday, April 12, 2005

What Goes Around, Comes Around

or...

God Save Me From Guys With Depression.

The Hubby has been crashing the last few days. Lots of reasons/excuses as for why: His Mother, Me, Stress of getting the new house together, his illness. He's worthless, he says. I rebut. I tell him he needs to go to the doctor. Yeah, that goes over well. At lunch, he was almost in tears when he was telling me, "I can handle it." So Not!

On one hand, it really pisses me off that it's okay for me to seek help, but not him. Does that make me some spineless jellyfish that can't survive on it's own?! Again - So Not!

On the other hand, seeing him this way breaks my heart. Both as the one who loves him and as the one who knows deep depression first hand.

Is it a GUY THING? Because I just don't get it. I don't give a rat's ass that he doesn't have money. I don't give a rat's ass about his arthritis - yes, it's debilitating, but it's not who you are. It's not a sign of weakness to seek help, it's more of a strength to realize you need help. It takes courage to walk in and bare your naked soul.

To me he's a big, giant HUNK, but he just doesn't see it that way.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!

No comments: