Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I'm really down today. I really need to write, but the words just aren't coming. My self-esteem is in the basement, more like sub-basement.

One incident: Yesterday, Jimmy comes dragging in a 6:30AM. "Where've you been?!" I ask. He says he slept in his car. He said after he finished at work (he had to close at his McJob), he took someone home. And, most likely, yakked for a while also. He said when he got to the M-in-L's the door was locked. I know it was locked because I unlocked it at 6AM to take Cooter and Bubba out to potty. Well, when the Hubby got up, he declared Jimmy lying because he said he was up at 2AM and Jimmy wasn't home yet. I believe my son, and I stick up for him. The M-in-L snaps (at me) something about it being a school night (true) and he should be at home. I went on to work.

When did I stop being a parent? Why can't I believe in my own son? And, for God's sake, he's a SENIOR! He has just over a month of school left! I, for one - I guess the only one, am going to cut him some slack.

I feel horribly alone.

No comments: