Tuesday, January 11, 2005

This 'n That

Still have the weird pain in my back (feels like someone's digging their knuckle into my back), except today ibuprofen really isn't helping. Still waiting for it to just go away.

In other news, Howard Dean has announced his candidacy for chairman of the Democratic National Commitee. You can read his announcement here. I voted for him in our primary. My husband would have voted for him for president. Awesome! Just Awesome! Exactly what the Democratic Party needs. No more same old, same old. No more republican lite. No more apologists. Time to stand up for who we are, and trumpet it proudly! Now to get it done! Umm, anybody know how to do that?

In other news, I saw this at msnbc.com. Gives me hope for myself. Also reminds me of my Grandma Ben (yeah, her name was Ben. The story I heard was her dad wanted a boy). Successive generations of grandkids would ask her when she was going to retire. Her answer, as always, "When I get old." My mother should never have retired. Or, she should have had more hobbies than just reading romance novels (which, by themselves, can turn your mind to mush).

Oh, and I want this. Yeah I know I'm getting funny looks, but I always loved Jazzercise (but no longer have a close location or the money). I actually think I would play this (especially if the music is good).

No comments: