Friday, January 07, 2005

I Didn't Need To Scream After All...

But I did need to laugh.

I called the Hubby on my first break, like I always do. I told him what was told to me - and, of course, started to cry. He told me a crude joke involving him and a couple of people from my work. I laughed and laughed (see, I'm still smiling). He said, "See, I knew you could laugh!"

He asked me if I was going to go back to the doctor. I told him no, I've taken everything on the formulary. There's only one thing that works, but I can't deal with the side effect. Everything else just doesn't work enough. And what works, I'm just not willing to pay full price for (isn't that what insurance is for?!!!). And, call me hard headed, but I still think my depression is more of a symptom. Of what, I don't know.

Ok, I got to tell you what happened this morning. While I am an early riser, most of the time thanks to Bubba the Bassett; I am not a morning person. Jimmy, my son, has two hoodies, both black. One just has a design on it, the other has Stewie from The Family Guy, and he's saying "Damn you all, morons!" (or so) I remember when he got the Stewie one, I asked him if he would be able to wear it to his (way uptight) school. "They haven't said anything yet."
Ok. So this morning he comes out and asks me if we have any duct tape. "What for?" I ask.
"Oh, for, like, getting rid of hair or covering a word." I'm still not really getting getting it (and my son is the master of the obtuse). "Is this a school thing?"
"Kinda."
"Well, we have tape (left over from Christmas). That's good enough to get rid of hair."
He keeps looking at me.
"oh. You want it now?"
"Yeah."
So I go get him the tape. And while he's in his room (presumably de-hairing a hoodie), the light bulb finally goes off in my head. So, when he comes out I ask him if he got dinged for the Stewie hoodie. He admitted that he had ("Yeah, I thought that was obvious."), but he's been wearing it for a month without anybody saying anything.

Now we'll see if he duct tape's the cuss word (eyes roll), or just wears the other one.

And to recap the good news, today I'm happy.

No comments: