Friday, January 07, 2005

T. G. I. F.

I am ready for the weekend, but this is my last Saturday/Sunday off for the next quarter. My schedule changes on the 15th to Thursday/Friday off. I don't mind working the weekend - it's the 10 days straight that'll be a killer.

I'd like to get some vacation time to break that up. But I'm kind of screwed. My company has changed how they do Paid Time Off (from now on just called PTO). It used to be vacation and sick leave were bundled together. you got a set amount you could use either way. Now, since I work in a call center, sick leave goes by the standard call center rules. Any sick leave you take counts as an absence (called an occurrence). So you get sick leave, but it counts against you if you take it. Like I said, standard call center stuff.

Now for vacation, you had it, you take it. It's best if you arrange your vacation(s) during I guess I'll call it Open Season, but I'm just not that together. And you could carry over a little to the next year.

It's now changed. They split vacation and sick. You get a total of 6 sick days a year (but, of course, it still counts against you if you take it). You get (well, me) 12 vacation days a year, but if your accrued hours go over 40, you won't get any more vacation time until it's under.

How many hours do I have right now? 88. I've been told I can put some into sick leave (which, remember counts against you if you take it), but the rest I have to take THIS MONTH.

Ok, I can do that. Hell, I want to! There's a problem. There isn't any open vacation days THIS MONTH. I have to put all my requests on a waitlist.

I want to go home.

No comments: