Saturday, January 15, 2005

Been Thinkin'

Which, for me, is not necessarily a good thing. Happy, self-confident thoughts aren't the first ones in my head.

Anyway, I've been kind of taking stock of my life. I'm 45, overweight, and depressed. I don't consider myself pretty, although a few pounds less I'd put myself in the "cute" catagory (right now I feel like an ugly troll). I don't have any kind of college degree (I do have two years at a Junior College - A lifetime ago). I've only had jobs - never a career. In fact as a kid all I could tell you about what I wanted to be when I grew up was "rich and famous". My mom thought I should have been a writer (God I miss my mom - prestroke). But I read my regular blogs, listed on the lower left side, and I think "What the hell am I doing? I'm nowhere near their league."

Now, I have family all around me who I love, the Hubby, my son, my sister, my nieces and their kids, and they love me. But I just don't matter a DAMN. If I have a point to my existance, I sure don't see it.

No comments: