Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Ice Storm Post - Or I Thought I Made Mountains Out of Molehills

It's rained for two days and finally decided to freeze early this morning. Luckily, here in central Oklahoma, It was starting to poop out, the major ice being in the NW yesterday. That doesn't mean our local media won't make a big giant fuss out of it. And our populace made the most of that by going out and doing everything the media tells them not to do.

My doctor's office FINALLY called yesterday. Of course I was at work, but that's why they have the home phone and the Hubby's Cel ph numbers. SO THEY COULD TELL HIM WHATEVER THE HELL IS GOING ON (or not going on)!!

The Message that was left? "Call Kim."

So I call before I leave for work, but the office is closed. I think, "Maybe they're opening up late." I actually drive the 43 miles between home in Guthrie and work in Moore, and the Oklahoma county portion of I35 were worse than the Logan County portion. So I am here at work, and feeling like an idiot for coming to work. I've called twice now and the office is still closed. Ok, to be fair, the second time could have been during their lunch. I'm just so damn frustrated.

And no, I'm not staying a whole day at work.

No comments: