Friday, December 31, 2004

You've got to read Jon's Dec. 30th post over at Living With Purpose! Why isn't he paid for writing? He's great!
It's like I had the same experience at the doctor just the day before. Except that the receptionist recognizes me - as Randy's wife. So I read much too much into "What are you here for?" Feeling anxious, guilty, and angry simultaneously. Randy's the one with health problems, not me. I'm just a depressed hypochondriac - wasting a $20 co-pay.

So, no news yet. And, of course, no news today since they're closed (and I'm here at work - why?). Now I know for a fact my cholesterol is a little high, because the Oklahoma Blood Institute gives you your cholesterol results everytime you donate blood. And I'm pretty sure I'm peri-menopausal (even though the meno hasn't paused yet), but being just about the oldest woman in my family with an intact uterus, there's really noone I can ask.

I guess I could go by the All In The Family episode where Edith goes through "the Change". She was so upset with it, she felt like she wasn't a woman anymore. All I can tell you, if my periods stopped tomorrow, I'd be happy as a clam.

No comments: