Sunday, December 05, 2004

I didn't buy a new dress, but I also didn't wear the one I wore two years ago (the "Liquid Chicken" Christmas party). Yes, I was casual amid a sea of formals (I wore the sleeveless denim jumper I got at Old Navy on sale for a buck with my black ankle boots), but I was comfortable. I actually felt good. And the food was good, I had, I think, chicken parmesiana - anyway it was a stuffed chicken breast covered in cheese. Randy had the roast beef. Oh, and there was a fudge cake that was to die for - Icouldn't even finish it!

I laughed. I talked (!). I even danced! And I won a $100 travelers check! Yeah, I would have like to win one of the agent and companion passes, or the grand prize (called "Pack Your Bags") a trip to San Francisco, but, geez, I never win anything! I'll take what I get.

It was a fantastic night. I really have to give it up to Randy, he stayed longer than he should have - for me.

Most of my life, I've felt I was on the outside looking in, wanting to belong. Friday night, I belonged! And it felt fantastic!!!

I'd like to feel that way more often.

No comments: