Friday, June 24, 2005

Me and the Hubby went to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith yesterday. I wouldn't call it great, but we liked it.

Walking out of the theater the Hubby said, "Do ya want to work out our problems?"
I laughed and said no.

Except for not wanting to be at work today (and it feeling like Monday), I feel ok today. A little crampy, but that only means I'm starting the 3-5 days I'm NOT in PMS, and that periods bite.

Here's a list of the books I've finished lately:

Devil in the White City by Erik Larson - This is a great book. It really does read like a novel.

The Life of Pi by Yann Martel - Another really great book. Riveting.

the curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon - O. M. G. It's great! You completely believe you're in the mind of an autistic teen.

I never did finish Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire - it was just too sad. I was just too connected to Elphaba. I liked her.

I never finished Lonesome Dove, either. I read it when I lived in New York, '88-'89. Just too unrelentingly sad. Too much death.

I did finish Cujo, but didn't read another Stephen King novel for like 15 years. The ending bit.

Another ending I didn't like: The World According to Garp. Still a good book, though.

No comments: