Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It may be hump day to some....

But it's Friday to me!!! T.G.I.W, Y'all!!

Wow, way to perky. Actually feeling kinda down, kinda anxious. REALLY DID NOT want to come to work today. Have people to call I don't want to call, I'd like to tell them to just go to hell, but I can't. I just want to crawl into the dirt, and let the whole world pass overhead for a while. Of course it could have something to do with the fact it's the first Wednesday I've worked in 3 months. Or it could be...just once I'd like to dish everything that pisses me off at my peon-call center-customer service-job(Americans shouldn't travel, they're not prepared for the consequences), but since I don't want to be walked out right now... This week my new shift started - a 4 day, 10 hour one, and my new days off are Thursday, Friday and Sunday. I still have 3 mandatory OT hours to do, so I'll come in on Sunday. No biggie.

Starting to think about the trip to Chicago in November to see my son's graduation from basic. Ya know, being po' I don't get to travel much. So I haven't used the so-called "travel benefits" of my Not-to-be-Named Travel Conglomerate employer. It looks like I can get a pretty decent air fare (and refundable/changable, too!), hotels has me a little bumfuzzled. What I'm thinking may not be realistic: a couple of days near Great Lakes, a couple of days in the city, at a decent rate. I'm getting a little overwhelmed at the "and then what..." portion. I know about Second City, and Oprah (but can you actually plan on being at an "Oprah gives crap to her audience" day?). I'd like to do the Field Musuem (it'll have some Pompeii thing going on), but after that, I get kind of stuck. And I still don't have specific dates.

I finished Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire yesterday at work. Really good, satisfying. I guess I could start to cycle through the Harry Potter books, it might take me two weeks. Jimmy's reading a book that looks good, but I don't remember the name. I'll get it eventually.

Just under four hours to go.

Damn.

No comments: