Friday, February 18, 2005

The Kid

Is officially in the Nuclear Program in the Navy. He had to resign papers yesterday, they had just received his transcript. And he has to call them either everyday or every other day, but I don't know why. I asked Jimmy why and I get, "I don't know, they told me to."

OK.

And for those out there thinking, "Oh my God! There's a war on! How can you let him do this?" I've been looking at colleges since Jimmy was a freshman. But I am not the one going to college (this may be a "youth is wasted on the young" thing). He had to be the one who wanted to go. He had to be the one to put in the (some) effort. Yes, I would have helped him. But I'm not going to do the work for him. I never have, I'm not starting now. I won't really have to worry about him (though I will anyway), he'll be in school for like 2 years, and after that - well, we'll think about "after that" after that.

I'm proud of him.

Oh, and I got a t-shirt!!

No comments: