Saturday, February 05, 2005

It feels odd blogging on a Saturday, but as it is my Monday, it really isn't odd.

Oh, and speaking of feeling odd, I got paid Friday (direct deposit - the only way to go), and IT DIDNT MATTER TO ME. Freaky, huh?

An update on spending oil money: We (actually meaning me) had second thoughts on buying the Solitaire, and went to another dealer in El Reno (most famous for having a Federal Prison. - OT - Yeah, I know, just go ahead and put barbed wire around Oklahoma, that's what it's coming to). Anyway, they had this house, smallish, fit some of (well, what we thought were) our needs, and they said they would cut us a deal. Yeah, it's all this! Yeah, it's all that! Yes, it has 2x6 walls! Ok, it didn't have 2x6 walls, it had 2x4. And no they didn't give us a deal. We finally got disgusted (I'm sorry, I'm buying a HOUSE, not a freakin' used car!) and called it off (actually I got the hubby to do that one. And he said, "What's going to happen when I'm not around to take care of you?" I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.). I also stopped payment on the check I had given them, probably not necessary, call it a preemtive strike. Then we went back to Solitaire, and we are getting the one we really want: THIS ONE (the hubby's leaning toward total electric - I would rather have the gas stove and furnace). So, that said, all they do is deliver and set up and the AC (Central Air - isn't just the thought of it wonderful?). We have to get someone to take the Hovel over to M-in-L's place (where it will become the Stepson's pad). The hubby will do the dirt work to level the pad (while we live on a slope, the pad where the house will go is actually pretty level). We're going to put in cement runners, so we need someone to do that. Oh, and since we absolutely, positively do not want vinyl skirting, we need someone for that, too - like a faux foundation. The hubby told me they can recommend people for that. And then the plumber to do the water and septic stuff, and an electrician to connect the power, and we're done! And, I suspect the money will be, too. One more thing, I've learned our bank does actually do mortgage loans for manufactured homes, as long as they're double-wides. Now we learn if they'll put us being loyal customers over my not great credit, and maybe I won't have to put a huge down payment.

Now, we're looking at furniture, because ours is crap not worthy of a thrift store. Just started looking, seen lots of foo-foo stuff that doesn't fit our personalities. And lots of expensive stuff that doesn't seem worth it. But we did just start.

No comments: