Friday, February 25, 2005

I've got it right, now.

I did the shift trade correctly this time. So it's Friday and I'm at work. Yes, that means I'm working 6 days in a row, but I'm just so damn nice.

The Logan County 3/4 cent sales tax vote is next Tuesday, March 1. I can't see it as having a hope in hell of passing. The poop from my M-in-L, who works at our bank, is that if (when) it doesn't pass, the county commissioners are going to raise the property tax.

Again, the county jail (in the basement of the courthouse), which is, like, a hundred years old, is a decrepit mess, but has been so for at least 40 years, and they've known it would have to be replaced for a good 20. Why they didn't do it when the oil was flowing (up to the early '80s)? And the town of Guthrie is just as culpable. Now they're all worried about losing business. Locals, except for the least mobile of retirees, don't shop in Guthrie anyway, they go to Stillwater, or the city. Jesus Christ, somebody needs to pull their heads out of their ass!

No comments: