Sunday, February 20, 2005

I Hate Sundays!

Maybe more than I hate myself.

This is a normal Sunday, we go over to the M-in-L's house, and read the paper, and eat breakfast.
I don't know, maybe I'm just waaaay to sensitive (ya think?!), but it seems like the M-in-L goes out of her way to make me feel inferior. I mention (or it was mentioned) that I need to exercise but don't have time - "Well I make time in the morning, I ride my exercise bike every day!" And the snarky comment that runs through my head is, "it only takes you 5 minutes to get to work, too! I have a 50 minute commute. So in the morning I have time to get up, get showered, get dressed, maybe eat a little and go to work. And I'm certainly not walking around my neighborhood without packing a gun!" No, I didn't say any of that. Then they rag on Jimmy. Yes, I'm his mother. Yes, I'm too forgiving, but I take it personally when they go off on him.
And because all this is starting to eat at me, I decide to leave early. I leave one equal packet on the table, and that starts it all again. So, properly shamed, I put the packet back in the equal box and leave.
I had forgotten to get a lunch at home (I've been in a soupy mood), so I went back home to get a can of soup and a pop. So I wasn't way, way early to work today.

Then I get to work and it's busy (they don't have enough people on the phones early in the morning). And almost everything they call about could wait until Monday. And it will get busy again when the early morning people leave.

I've kind of decided sensitive people shouldn't be in Customer Service. Sometimes I can let it go, sometimes I can't.

On the "I should be happy" side, we're getting our house. At an affordable price, too. We financed through the company, so the interest rate is a little high, but we were told yes right off, and the land isn't held as collateral. Now I feel I'm under the gun, anything from here on (well, from when the new house is delivered and set up), housework-wise is my fault.

I should be happy, but all I want to do is crawl into a box and @#*.

No comments: