Monday, August 16, 2004

The Start of My Weekend

Technically, it started on Friday night. I get off at 9:00 pm. I go straight up I35 from Moore to Guthrie. I'm in the middle lane. I get to just south of Hefner Road, and there he is, some guy, crossing an interstate highway, slowly. I see him before I hit him, but not during or after. I put on my brakes, cross the other lane of traffic, and come to a stop on the Hefner Road bridge. I turn around to see the guy I think I killed and there's noone there. Two cars stop ahead of me, a husband and wife. The husband had called for an ambulance. They ask me if I'm ok. I say yes. They tell me when I hit him (well, technically, he hit me), he spun around and kept on walking.
The fire department was on scene first, then Highway patrolmen, then EMSA (ambulance). They found him somewhere on Hefner Road, he didn't act like he was even hurt.
The Highway patrolman told me that it was ok, that he was crazy and wanted to die.
Yeah, by that time I had calmed down enough to think, "If he wants to die, I can kill him!"
He took my information, thankfully not asking for my insurance verification form, which then was at home, now is in the car. He asked me if I needed the EMT's. I told him no, and he let me go.

No comments: