Monday, August 23, 2004

My Weekend Was Crap

But it started off good. Had a nice Saturday. The Hubby and I did some messing around, like we used to do, before illnesses. But when we got back to my Mother-in-Law's house, oh God! She had let our basset hound, Bubba, out to potty. Him and her chocolate lab/pinscher mix, Cuba, had disappeared! We looked all over her 40 acres. Yelled til our throats were raw. Drove around - nothing.
When we got back from driving around, the Hubby's asswipe little brother was there. I went into the living room to nap in the recliner, so I didn't see what ensued. It was nasty. Asswipe made some snarky comment about Bubba, showing no concern about his being missing. And it went downhill from there. Now Asswipe, is a jerk. He's an insufferable know-it-all. And he's about the cheapest person on God's green Earth. Oh, and he's studying to be a lawyer. Now Asswipe and the Hubby have a nasty history, and like I said, everything the Hubby's been holding inside for, like, twenty years, came spewing out. Of course that put my Mother-in-Law in the middle. She's crying, trying to keep my Hubby from killing Asswipe. Hubby takes that as her taking AW's side, which hurts his feelings. And I'm still in the recliner, feining sleep, because I knew I didn't want to watch any of that, much less get involved.
AW goes away with his tail between his legs. Hubby and I go home, he's bawling his eyes out over Bubba (et. al). That night, around 9:30 or 10:00, Cuba came home. He didn't bring Bubba with him. I yell for Bubba more. I tell Cuba he needs to go and bring Bubba back. Then I start to bawl. Thus ends Saturday.
Sunday starts out, still tense and angry, Bubba still not back. Hubby is still angry with M-in-L, his son is angry with him, because of that. AW is conspicuously staying away (he doesnt want to make trouble - Riiight). We pick up our riding mower, because our lawn is a jungle (unnaturally wet, cool summer). I have to take my son (well, he takes me) to see if there's any way he can rent Schindler's List (AP English summer project - yes at the very last moment) without our help (yeah, BOK screwed us with Mega Movies), and to get yet more school supplies. He decides to go ahead and buy it, since he had to go to Wally World anyway. Hubby does not want to watch. So, we're trying to kill the four hours of movie. We end up back at M-in-L's. Hubby has calmed down. They talk. M-in-L offers to buy us a puppy, and shows us the ads. There are three ads, one in south OK, one that didn't return my call, and SJ out between Piedmont and Okarche. She has 5 females and 1 male. The male is what they call "lemon" colored - a light tan and white. Yeah, we bought him. We first think of calling him "Killer". We bought puppy chow and puppy (potty) pads. And he slept through the night, didn't whine or cry once!
Hubby takes Killer (though at the time we're think of changing it to Booger) to M-in-L's. While I'm still getting ready, he calls me, all excited, Bubba came back!! And Killer-Booger may now be called Cooter.
Fences mended with M-in-L, we have Bubba back and he has a playmate. We're going to pay her back the first of the month.

Oh, and Bubba is not leaving our sight again!

No comments: