Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I was cruising the news, I may be at work, but I like to keep myself apprised.  I found this article about Lassiter Drug. 

-snip-
"They can get an original refill, but after that they have to go mail-order, and that's hurting our economy more than (the chain pharmacies)," he said, claiming the insurance companies have caused the problem. Lassiter cited a study that several years ago alleged mail-order is more expensive to health care providers than local pharmacies, whether it's a chain or independent.
"There's more wastage – it's 30 percent," he said. "People get a three- or six-month supply today and go to the doctor tomorrow and he changes the medicine, so that's all down the drain."
-snip-
 
Yes!!  I feel vindicated!  Of course my prescription coverage says I don't have to do the insane mail order thing, I can pay more instead.  So I do.  I kind of wish I lived closer to Del City now, Guthrie's about 45 miles away.  So, show Lassiter Drug some love.  They deserve it.
 
 

No comments: