Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The Heart Beat

Yeah, I know!  When I don't feel like writing is when I need to write the most!  And I have forgotten to take my pill for a couple of days (or so).  The Zoloft may be working better than I think it does.
My Mother-in-Law went to her cardiologist today.  She has Mitral Valve Prolapse, if you haven't gone to the link, it's the valve between the left atrium and left ventricle, which has caused Mitral Valve Regurgitation.  She had an arteriogram about a week and a half ago.  It showed that instead of being just leaky, it's stuck open.  She's going to have to have the valve replaced.  Here's a presentation I found about the surgery.
This is kind of knocking the Hubby for a loop.  I think the extra stress is wreaking havoc with his arthritis (it is an autoimmune disorder).  I think I've gone into it before, but he has Ankylosing Sondylitis, a form of arthritis that affects the spine, etc.  All of a sudden, everything hurts more than usual - spine, shoulders, knees - with no relief.    There are other things going on at the same time, family things.  Things that have been going on since the dawn of time.  Things that he just needs to let go because nothing's going to change, and worrying  doesn't help.





No comments: