Sunday, May 22, 2005

Updates

My kid graduated on Friday. The ornery shit didn't tell me he would lead the Pledge of Allegiance. It would have been better if I could HEAR HIM!! First of all, I had crappy seats, because I had to wait for my sister and her kids (she may be more together than I am, but she's always late. So I missed Jimmy coming in. But they did put up a big screen for the video of the ceremony. Then there were audio problems, Jason's friend, Tommy, works at the Lazy E afterward told me the music director did something to screw it up, it wasn't their fault. It finally got fixed, but by then the speeches were almost done (not necessarily a bad thing). So, noone heard him say, "Please stand for the Pledge of Allegiance." - and kept sitting and yakking. The faux Jumbo-tron catches him rolling his eyes. So, he repeats himself and we get through the pledge. And somebody please tell me why there has to be 12-15 Salutorians, and 12-15 Valadictorians - all that have to say something (boring) to say.

Since Jimmy was in the front row (Vice-President), I was basically ready to go as soon as they called his name. I took lots of pictures (regular, not digital), but I'm usually kind of shaky, so I don't know if they'll turn out.

My son, who never mentions friend one at home, has lots of friends, all of the guys, kind of, similar-looking to him. And he got hugged by no less than 5 girls (and an attempt by one guy), one of whom proclaimed herself his "future wife" (I got a picture of that one)!

UPDATE II: Oh, yeah, no I never did get that silly gown ironed. But, you know, in the end, it just didn't matter. What did matter was the beautiful smile that he doesn't wear often enough.

My husband had his surgery Friday morning. So, I blew off work Friday and Saturday. Of course the doctor tells me in pre-op, just as they're about to wheel Randy into surgery, to wait in the waiting room and he'll come out afterwards and tell me how it went.

Did he?

NO!! 4 hours I'm waiting! Reading the book I brought almost obsessively, so I wouldn't stop to think and worry. Finally, a nurse comes and gets me and the M-in-L, saying Randy's been asking for us - he'd been in the room for about an hour!

Have I yet to hear boo about Randy's hernia (which he called his "alien baby") repair?! Has the surgeon made one appearance this weekend?

Now we did tell the doctor on duty yesterday, and he said he'd look into it. At the time, I looked at Randy and said, "I don't want to get him into trouble." But the more I thought about it, the more the new, more assertive me said (to myself), "Hell yes I want him in trouble! He had me thinking the worst!" I may not actually, physically do it, but I want to kick his ass!

Oh, and to add to all of his previous problems, his blood sugar's been high. They're thinking Type-2 Diabetes. Yay! more pills. Can my husband NOT get anymore diseases or conditions? Please?!

Oh, one more thing, I'm thinking seriously of starting a new blog for my stories.

No comments: