Sunday, May 29, 2005

Ok, a couple of things.

I finished the Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide, and I'm gonna have to agree with my son that the ending kind of bites. It is the only possible ending that I could really see, but it did kind of bite.

Good book, though.

I made up a new blog to cross-post my stories. I named it Not Together Tales, and Parts One and Two are already there. I've started on Part Three, now that Graduation and Surgery craziness is over. Although there is one more tale of woe from the surgeon's office.

He told the Hubby that he wanted to see him by Friday to remove the staples and drainage thingy (very interesting, but gross). I called the office, oh like Tuesday, said I needed to make a followup appointment for the Hubby, and they said they would call me back.
DID THEY? NO!!
So I called again on Thursday, was told by the snippy-ass woman the earliest appointment I could get was 3:30 pm on Tuesday and I should have CALLED EARLIER. Maybe I should have went ahead and told her, "I did, you snippy-ass bitch! I called on Tuesday and nobody called me back!" But I'm just not that assertive yet.
And this all feeds back on that ONE thing I hate more than anything:

I HATE TO BE IGNORED!! (and, yes, I know that's fairly ironic for a shy introvert)

The Hubby's blood sugar starts out the day the day relatively low (under 200), but ends the day relatively high (around 300). It's a concern for both of us. The doctor's added Avandia (?) to the growing list of prescriptions. Maybe it takes a while.
Oh, and the Hubby is trying to move around more, but he tends to overdo it, and ends up being wiped out.

Oh, and this (NY Times requires registration - ick) is why I don't mind my son's joining the Navy. I do feel a draft, and it's chilling me to the bone.

No comments: