Monday, May 16, 2005

A little break from the story - yesterday's chapter took alot out of me - and it's not technically done yet.

The house is finished, except for skirting and front steps. The skirting was supposed to be put on Friday, but it rained. You talk about a red, muddy mess! A horror for my light gray carpet! And as for the front steps, it's just gonna have to wait a while - we're running low on funds.

My son graduates on friday at the Lazy E Arena. They're rebuilding Jelsma Stadium, downtown Guthrie, America, so right now it's a big hole in the ground. Surely I mailed out the invitations weeks ago! Right?! NO! I'm Ms. Not Together, remember! I'm just happy they're addressed and ready to go! I might go to the post office at lunch and get these mailed. Luckily I called my sister, who understands me, so she knows what's going on. Yesterday was the Baccalaureate, but I had to work. I was fretting, until I talked to Jimmy. He said he was blowing it off, since he had to be at work an hour later. Cool, I wasn't into the Jesus-y stuff anyway. The Hubby said Jimmy's dad came up on Sunday - I don't know if he went to it or not - weird work hours.

I spent, like, 5 hours in Edmond Memorial's emergency room this morning - from roughly 1:30 AM to 6:30AM. The Hubby was in excruciating abdominal pain. Now he's scheduled to see a surgeon tomorrow afternoon. To check on fixing a hernia popping up around the scar from his gallbladder operation 10 years ago. The scar goes from about the diaphram down to the belly button. With that and with his dad dying of pancreatic cancer, we didn't want to take chances. So after x-rays, cat scan, blood and urine analysis, and 2 pain shots, what did they find? Well, his blood sugar was high, 300, but aside from that? NOTHING! They said it was gas. GAS!! I'm sorry, maybe gas CAN cause excruciating abdominal pain, but I've never seen it. And I guess it's too true my husband could have been over-reacting, so used to constant pain. But I don't think so. Our doctor's (Jesse Ray's) slate was full, so I got him an appointment to see his PA. The hubby said he could go tomorrow, I said no, you're going today. He said ok. Maybe I'm over-reacting, too.

Jesus-God, I really don't have the patience for these pissy-ass people today!

And the day isn't even half over!

No comments: