Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I really have to stew in my juices for a bit.

As I have said, my son is graduating Friday, at the Lazy E Arena (I doubt the Cantina will be open). And he's a fantastic kid, just great. I'm really proud of him. But what do I have to show for it?!

NOTHING! Well, other than the really great, fantastic kid. I don't have any bumper stickers crowing about him being on the Honor Roll - at Guthrie they're only in Junior High (7th & 8th), and he had like 1 B one time in 7th. He's not an Academic All-State, because he would fill out the form. And he's not getting the collar-thing that hangs down the back of the gown, because he's not in Honor Society this year - no community service.

And it's his fault! He decided to be a kid, and have a life, and have some fun for once in his life.

Well, I guess I DO have something to show for it, after all.

No comments: