Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Hi. My name is Pattye Van McKinney. I blog as, hell I am, Ms. Not Together. And I had a crappy day today.

I got fired today.

I can't say I didn't see it coming, they'd been gunning for me for the better part of a year. erTo my mind, still, they wanted me gone no matter what. So, to me, what I got fired for is damn bogus.

I didn't blog much about my job, too many prying eyes. I have said I had a crappy call center job. Well, customer service sucks, especially when it's customer service for a travel agency, and that travel agency farmed out all it's agents to Tijuana, Mexico and Manilla, Philippines. I'd worked there for four years, and crashed three times, twice last year alone. It used to be you got better service over the phone, than doing it yourself on the web. When I was a reservation agent at Hertz (great place to rent a really expensive car, crappy place to work), I would tell customers to always doublecheck what your travel agent books, and that 60% were in competent. Well, to my mind, it's more like 80% today. Today, you don't know who you're going to get, or where, or if they care enough to do it right. Then, the good ol' CS Agents get to mop up.

I just couldn't take it anymore. I would kind of disconnect, or else explode or, more likely, implode, either way leaving a (probably figurative) bloody mess at my desk. Customer service requires putting notes about what you're doing, and why on the record, and to do that means you need to stop taking calls while you're doing so. That's called after-call. So, to disconnect, I would go into, or stay in after call after I was finished with the record. And go onto the internet. Was it right? No. All I can say is I did what I did to keep my sanity.

That didn't work too well.

Right now I HATE myself and I want to die.

And with that attitude I have to look for a job. I'm the breadwinner, you know. The Hubby's on Social Security Disability. Everything's on my shoulders.

Yeah, I've done SOOO well.

Off to look for non-existant or low paying jobs.

No comments: