Tuesday, February 14, 2006

One Week

Well, I guess it's lucky I don't want to work at one of OKC's many, many call centers - they don't seem to want me either.

You know, there were times I loved working at Hertz, and there were times I liked (but never loved) working for Cendant. At Hertz, it was when I went to International, around May of '93. At that time you only had to do General (domestic) backup once or twice a week. At that time, International was da bomb, what I did was interesting, and except for travel agents, you didn't have to speak to stupid people. But it changed, having to do backup constantly, being treated like the ugly stepchild, and of course, my reaction to my mother's death. At Cendant (Trilegiant/Affinion, Clientlogic), I started out as a travel agent. But I really sucked at it, I can't sell for beans (you want to fly - you buy, you don't want to buy - the fare probably isn't going to be available when you call back. Tough Toenails to you), so I switched to customer service. I really seemed to have a knack for it and the incentives were fantastic. The incentives went bye-bye, we switched from Sabre to Apollo (which the company had purchased) and during the switch it was a nightmare. In fact, it precipitated a major depression. But I was never the same. I started to be treated like the dopey sidekick, so I started acting like it. I needed to disconnect more and more.

Well, I'm putting in for 5 state jobs. After that I guess I go for clerical jobbies. But it's hard to get out of my mind noone wants me.

No comments: