Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Cart's Back on an Even Track

I actually feel pretty good, considering. I got my last check last Friday, so only God knows how I'm going to pay for my car, electric, natural gas, phone (oh, hell, I'll just let that one go). I guess, theoretically, I can get on Food Stamps now that we're living on the Hubby's SSI. I would have my son's old car to drive if mine got repo'd (but since I know they won't get the money off the resale of the car, I'd still get to pay for a car I would no longer own - been there, done that). Of course it needs at least one tire, a power steering pump, and a thermostat (and a radio, but you can't always get what you want).

Have two prospects for jobs, cross your fingers. I turned in the 5 apps for state jobs and now have 8 tests to do. I took the test for Library Tech (which sounds way cool), but I think I crapped out - I don't know beans about the Dewey Decimal System (but I get the gist of it). It was at the Historical Society,too! Darn. The M-in-L is suggesting Wal-Mart or McDonalds. McD's, maybe, but Wal-Mart, NEVER! i was thinking of putting in an app at Target, and the bookstores I frequent.

I don't know. Can't money just fall from the sky? I'd give some of it to charity! It wouldn't make me some snotty, bigoted, society gal (I'm Ms Not Together, that's just not possible)! And I'm not asking for a Mercedes Benz (a VW New Beetle convertible would be nice, though), and I already have a color tv. I just need to be able to pay my bills, God. And I'm certainly not asking YOU to make the Hubby happy (that's just not possible). I need a job and I need money. Period.

No comments: