Monday, October 04, 2004

My Weekend

I took a vacation day Friday. The Hubby and I went out to eat (a big deal if you don't do it often) at Marie Callender's. Kind of a trek for us, since we live in Guthrie and Marie Callender's is in Norman (what, like 60 miles?). Good stuff, and brought a sugar-free Razzleberry pie back for the M-in-L.

Also on Friday, the Hubby's son's friend and his wife had their baby, Isabella Michelle. Poor girl (yes, I can call her a girl, she's only 21 or 22) was in labor for, like, two days, got fully dilated, then still had to have a caesarean. Didn't really follow why, something about the baby not turned right (give me something I understand, like meconium aspriation). Baby is beautiful, 6lbs 10oz, healthy (thank God, since the mother smokes - ick). DID NOT HOLD THE BABY. That would have been a dangerous thing to do.

**SIGH**

I wanted to have more children.

Enough dwelling on things that aren't going to happen.

Had been wondering why my son had been so moody lately.

  1. He has not been taking his anti-depressant.
  2. He had a secret.

We learned what that was Saturday, but not from him. Received from his dad an itinerary, booked on September 21st. Jimmy's flying down to his Dad's on his birthday (Oct. 15th) for the weekend. Now, I'm not going to begrudge him the weekend, but they always do the exact same thing: eating out, going to a movie. It's been the same since the divorce was final in March of '90 (which has always annoyed the piss out of me, but what can I say?). Now Jimmy's work schedule is usually from Thursday through Monday, sometimes Thursday through Sunday and Tuesday. The Hubby was furious, and I was disappointed (I was wanting to have the Tri-Birthday party). Jimmy was acting better this morning (about the only time I ever see him anymore). Since personality-wise, he's like me, I can only go on conjecture. I think he feels better with the weight off his shoulders. He knew we'd be upset. I know I tend to make mountains out of molehills, so when whatever I'm stressing over is over, it's actually a relief.

I may still have a party that weekend, but I don't know. I don't want to have it at my hovel, excuse me, my house. I'd rather have it at my Mother-in-laws, but I don't think she would like that. I would want Randy (the Hubby) to cook (ribs, chicken, maybe turkey legs). Smoked potatoes would be good, too.

Oh, and Jimmy did remember to go get his yearbook picture taken on Friday afternoon, which I had actually forgotten.

The rest of the weekend was pretty unremarkable. I did get caught up on my weekday tv, tape for me. We had to get a new VCR, the old one (not that old) started to eat tapes. Maybe now I'll get to see CSI-Miami.

My life is so interesting.

No comments: