Monday, October 25, 2004

I finally met one of the candidates for Logan County Commissioner - District 2. I guess Kevin Leach, the Democrat expects to get by on his name alone. He certainly hasn't been visiting his constituency. How the hell am I supposed to know anything about him - other than my Husband either knows him or knows of him.

Now the other guy, Republican Mike Pearson, came to our hovel, talked to us, listened to us, you know, what a candidate is supposed to do. He was nice. His ideas, while esteemable, seem a little unworkable. Like he wants to pave the road our road tees off of - Midwest. People drive waaay too fast as it is! So, if it was paved, we'd have to rely on our invisible sheriff's department (I'd vote for the Republican there too, but he's unopposed).

I guess in the scheme of things, what we care about in our district is pretty minor - road drainage, fixing potholes instead of creating temporary speed bumps, getting ditches mowed so you can see what's coming, road graders who actually know what they're doing - and actually DO IT. Well, I can gripe about the City of Guthrie, but since I live outside of it, I can't do anything about it. I CAN do something about my county district.

No comments: