Tuesday, June 29, 2004

It's a Woman Thing?

I'm having one of those sad and inadequate days. Yes, I did forget to take my antidepressants today. And yes, I maybe in the throes of PMS (one gripe, I'm not going to have anymore children, why am I still having a freakin' period?! Periods suck).
The more I think about it, the more I think it is PMS, because lately I've actually been, if not happy, then also not sad. Depression is basically the one PMS symptom I have that's still reliable. I don't have the zit on my chin anymore. My breasts aren't reliably sore anymore. Cramps are only after I start to flow. Bloating, I don't notice, I'm fat all the time. And I don't really have the undying hunger that I used to.
I am kind of worried that when the meno does pause, will I be depressed all the time (hah! Like I'm not now!)? With no antidepressants that work reliably (or that I can afford)?
Note to the odd person who reads this: I can't take Welbutrin - I have a history of seizures.
I also feel kinda funny about asking my young, male (cute) doctor about menopause, perimenopause, and everything related. Yeah, I know, it's mostly a head thing, he's a really good (cute) doctor.

I wish I could talk to Mama.

No comments: