Thursday, June 17, 2004

Customer Service Bites

And I'm the CS Rep! I really, really HATE Ch*******ets!! I also hate people who say, "well, aren't you my travel agent?!"
Well, aren't you the person who doesn't look at their itinerary until the day before travel, only to discover some "mistake" we made?
Or maybe you're the person who can't read a car rental agreement to save your life (the rate we give is after discounts, but not including any fees or taxes). And, no, god damn it, we can't confirm a specific make of car! And if you don't have a major credit card with your name on it, most likely you're not getting a car. And, yes, we did tell you that, you chose not to listen.
People, be proactive. Don't trust us. Double check everything we do. We're human, we can make mistakes. The quicker you catch a mistake, the easier (and cheaper) it is to fix.
Oh, and when you need to call customer service, drop the 'tude. If you have a 'tude, we get a 'tude. Besides, you're getting to travel, I don't have that luxury, so shut up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice start you've got going here. Real stories, real life; I find that plenty fascinating. Do get out more, post a few thoughts in comments more. I think folks'll track back to you more, and find you write well when you start in with stories more than blurbs.

And I love the great title of your blog!

-Kevin at The American Street

Ms. Not Together said...

Oh my GOD! Thanks for your comments. Yours is one of my regular blog reads.
I am agog!