Sunday, March 20, 2005

Oh, That's What That Smell Was

I called the Hubby at lunch (is this day EVER going to end?!), the Stepson and him are attacking Jimmy's room ("don't throw away any books!" my only demand). They found a dead squirell in his closet. I'm glad I'm at work.

It hasn't been there a long, long time (as I informed the Hubby). We did look for it when the smell first arose (ha! arose! ha!), but since we couldn't find what was causing it, we assumed it was either under the house, or a passing skunk.

I don't really understand how it could stay there - I have dogs who would think they're in heaven if presented some dead thing - and happily roll in it. It's the ultimate chew toy.

Thank God I won't have to worry about rotting floors anymore. I never considered anything but our cats coming up through the hole in the bathroom floor.

No comments: