Tuesday, November 09, 2004

**SIGH**

I had a car accident on Sunday, around noon-1pm. A girl was trying to go straight across 122nd Street from the I35 service road to the State Commuter Parking Lot and we were going west-bound on 122nd. Me and the Hubby, who was driving, and 3 of our dogs, Rogue the dachshund, Cooter and Bubba the bassets were in our '95, 162,000-plus mi, paid for Tahoe. 122nd is a 45-mph street, but since we had just pulled out of a Shell station (we got pops), I don't think it was up to speed yet. Randy jammed on the brakes, but there was no where to go. Yes, we were wearing our seatbelts (everyone has asked that). It was a pretty soft contact, considering. One thing that bothers me, Randy's airbad didn't deploy. Isn't that thing supposed to go off in a 5-10 mph wreck? I mean our front end hit her rear passenger quarter?

Luckily noone was seriously hurt. I spent most of yesterday going with the Hubby to the doctor, and then to get X-rays. Randy's in a lot more pain, he's got a pinched nerve in his shoulder that makes two fingers in his left hand go to sleep. He gave him another muscle relaxer and some steroids. It could have been a lot worse. With Randy's spine fused, it may be a good thing the airbag didn't go off. And to think, he thought of taking my Kia, because of the gas mileage.

About my job, I guess I still have it. I haven't heard otherwise (yet). I did learn today, that if either of us had gone to the hospital, the absense would have been excused. Randy's mother convinced us to go to our regular doctor, rather than the emergency room, because he knows all about Randy's problems.

They haven't told me to leave. And they haven't come to my desk with empty boxes (yet). But they also haven't told me my job is secure (for now).

Oh, and to top it all off, because we forgot to put the insurance verification form in the car, we got a ticket. Which meant first we went to our insurance agent and got replacements, and then I got to go downtown (the Hubby doesn't like to go downtown when his feeling good) to show them to have the ticket dismissed.

It was a long, tiring day.

Oh, yeah, me and the dogs are ok.

No comments: