Wednesday, November 24, 2004

OH...MY...GOD

Two things...

  1. Ok, I don't know where to start with this. Their insurance has NEVER talked to us personally. They've spoken only to the body shop. So, it was the body shop who told Randy about the 80% thing. When I got home yesterday, Randy had put the days mail in a pile by his chair (and the dogs had spread out from there). I noticed something with my name on it, but my name was slightly misspelled - no idea who it was from. I opened it up and it was a check from their insurance for just over $4,000 for 80% of the damage to the Tahoe. Saying we were pissed just doesn't go into it. We've gotten screwed and didn't get to enjoy it. Needless to say, we are not cashing the check. It's being sent to our lawyer.
  2. And on a happy, but still aggravating, note: Jimmy got his ACT scores in the mail yesterday. Of course he saw them at school, but I only knew the composite score (30!). That itself is on the 97th percentile! Jimmy's comment was that that meant there was 3 percent better than him. His lowest single score was science (24), which was on the 80th percentile! Some of them he topped out! I am soooo proud! Aggravated, but proud.

No comments: