Monday, November 22, 2004

My husband got a copy of the police report today. And it shows... wait for it... failure to yield the right-of-way! So, why is their insurance dragging their feet?
Oh, Randy's brother, sorry no love lost, studying to be a lawyer, wanted to see the accident report, because we may be partially at fault if we didn't try to avoid it enough(?!) - right. I just want it over with. I want the Tahoe repaired. I don't give a hoot in hell about any extra money for pain and suffering, or mental anguish - I just want it over.

I have learned from my son's school counselor that he is a potential Academic Allstater, but the application has to be postmarked by Dec. 3. Jimmy's kind of bummed because a couple of his scores are lower than when he took the ACT test before. And Jimmy feels he has to apply for the Academic Allstate, because, since I've been in contact with his school counselor, he states she's "all mad" at him. I told him I think she has a reason to be mad at him. He's at the point where I have to push him out of the nest, and he either has to fly or fall to the ground. And no, that's not easy for me. But, because I was depressed and ultra-shy, my parents went out of their way to protect me. They just wanted me happy.
I don't want him to fritter away his future. I understand that it's close, and it's scary, and he doesn't have a clue as to what he wants to do. I'm actually cool with all that. I want him to go to college!

No comments: