Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I Survived!

The attack of Worm!!

It hit my work sometime between 2:00 and 2:30 pm CDT. At first, I told people to call back in about an hour, then two. Then we learned it was actually a BIG DEAL, was nationwide, we told people unless it was an emergency to call back tomorrow. And I read my book, Guns , Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond. Still a slow go, but very interesting. The system still wasn't up when I left at 6:30pm. But I have definately decided, well, when I have money, I'm getting a Mac.

Nothing really going on on the home front. The dog alarm still goes off between 5:00 - 5:30am, only occasionally can I ignore it - until about 6:00. Otherwise, still tired, still depressed, still think something's not right with me (if not really wrong). But I'm of two minds about whether I should go to the doctor, part says yes, part says no (and then gets to tell the Hubby and the doctor, "I told you so!" when something bad DOES happen). Right now I'm leaning toward no, since we're low on cash, and it seems like such a waste of money.

And we're down to the last 4 weeks, roughly, before Jimmy goes in. Through the M-in-L, I learned it's September 13, not the 15. And as much as I was the one who said Jimmy should go to college outside of both Oklahoma and Texas, I am SO NOT dealing well with this. It's embarassing. I've never been the clingy mom. But there's a little voice inside, telling me in a month he's going to be gone FOREVER. NO. Not dealing well.

But I am looking forward to going to Chicago sometime in November.

No comments: