Monday, September 27, 2004

Student of the Week!

Last night, after he came home from work, my son asked me how to get to local Guthrie restaurant Granny Had One. After giving him instructions he understood ("You know where the stadium is? It's just past the intersection on the other side"), I asked him, "Why?" Then he told me he was the Rotary Club's Student of the Week. If I didn't wear t-shirts constantly, I'd be busting my buttons!! Then I asked him when he found out, it being Sunday night, him tending to dawdle anyway. He told me he learned Friday. I gave him that one. Now that he's driving himself, between school and work, I hardly ever see him!

**SIGH**

In the dream I had early this morning, I decided I needed 5 newspapers to give to family. Of course, the the dream, Jimmy was wearing dark blue denim cargo pants and a light blue shirt. In real life, it was a dark green t-shirt with Zelda on it, and jeans (maybe black, maybe blue). In concious thought, it's more like 3.

Unfortunately, the Guthrie Daily Leader doesn't have a web site. Buggers.

**UPDATE** Granny Had One does have a website!

**UPDATE II** Picture to come out in tomorrow's (Sep. 29) paper! I might need 4 copies.

**UPDATE III** If I include my ex-husband - it would be 5.

**UPDATE IV** The News Leader comes out in the afternoon(Wed., Sep 29), so I still haven't seen it. Oh, and it may be Student of the Month (which makes more sense). So, my son doesn't talk to me! It's a karma thing - somewhere up in heaven my mother is giving me a knowing chuckle.

**UPDATE V** It is Rotary Student of the Week. I bought 3 papers this morning (Thurs., Sep. 30), that would be for me, my M-in-L and my sister. The picture is great, it actually makes him look tall! I'm just bursting! I did get, from a co-worker, "So your son is a nerd?"
Well, yeah, it's genetic.

No comments: