Friday, December 02, 2005

Let's Say A Prayer For Cooter

Our Bassett Hound, not even a year and a half. After Thanksgiving I noticed him bleeding out of his mouth. A couple of times. The Hubby explained it as either a cat popped him in the mouth, or maybe he got a piece of bone stuck. But walking him and Bubba in the Back-Back, his mouth started bleeding again. With no plausible excuses now, I called and made an appointment with the vet. He showed me this black thing on the roof of his mouth. He said it could be either an infection or cancer, but he would need a closer, more probitive look, which could only be done with Cooter under anesthesia - to be done the next morning (today).

I should have went ahead and played hooky like the Hubby wanted.

It's cancer.

He's going to have to have surgery, maybe next week. It's not guaranteed to clear it up - it could grow back. The Hubby said the Vet was decidedly pessimistic.

But I've decided to be hopeful. My little Cooter-Patooter will be ok!!

YOU HEAR ME?! He'll be ok!!

No comments: