Monday, October 03, 2005

A Big Thank You...

To those concerned about me.

I'm now in an outpatient program, also at St Anthony's. I'm really impressed by it. I'm feeling alot better, but have a ways to go.
But now I'm having insurance problems - with the switch from being an employee of Company A, to being an employee of a separate company, whose client is Company A, I was supposed change insurance. It was supposed to be as of October 1, I have recieved no new insurance information. My doctor's don't want me to go back to work, and I really have to agree, but right now feel like I may not have any choice. This sucks, it just goddamned well sucks!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Fight the insurance company. It was their responsibility to get you the correct forms in a timely manner. Even if it's not your nature, (it's not MINE), argue them down into submission. They'd hound you to the ends of the Earth if you owed them money, turn about is only fair play. As much as insurance premiums are, you've probably already paid the hospital bill via the premiums.

An overdose of sleeping pills are a permanent solution to a temporary problem. There's been quite a few times in my life I've had to repeat that phrase over and over, to walk away from that little bottle of bad solution. I don't know what to tell you that doesn't sound like a lame, pithy saying. Take instead a cyberhug and an 'it'll be all right,' because eventually, it WILL work out fine. What goes down MUST come up, right?

Anonymous said...

St. Anthony's may have a patient advocate that will help you sort out the insurance problem.