Friday, April 09, 2010

Not a Damn Thing

That would be the answer to what I've been doing for the last 3 months. I've been mildly depressed. In January I got mononeucleosis, a fun, new experience for me. In February I got my updated mammogram and ultrasound (just the left boob). It's still fine. Around that time I got to see 3/4 of Avatar in Imax 3D, until one of the projectors boogered up and stopped the movie. I got a free pass, which I haven't used (and hopefully doesn't expire), and a refund. In March I started a new crochet project, still not done because I underestimated how much yarn I would need. It's about 7 or 8 rows from being done. I've got another in mind, but haven't purchased the yarn for it yet. You know what the pattern said I would need is crap. I even made sure I was getting my gauge (unimportant really for an afghan). I'm still a beginner to crochet, but hell, I've been knitting for 30 years and I still suck at gauge swatches. I get bored and say, "That's enough for a measurment." Anyway, I will finish my afghan project (a possible future christmas or birthday present), and start the next one. I also have a couple of different sock yarns to mess with, but the blues are kinda putting the kibosh on that.

My son is in Yokosuka, Japan. That's where his ship, the USS George Washington, is. He's busy and has friends to hang around with, and doesn't really see eye to eye with Randy. It's hard to think of him as a grown man. And yes, that would be Mama, laughing at me from Heaven.

I'm still at Wal-Mart. Almost at my 3 year mark. I know I should be looking for the "good job" that pays more and stuff, but I like my job and my store and the people I work with and for. And for retail, I get paid pretty good.

As for the Hubby, I still feel all but invisible. I'd like to think that I matter, but I don't. Case in point, I told him I wanted an iPod so I can listen to music while I walk the dogs, but he bought some cheapie that he found in Walgreens, a $20 or $30 knockoff. He didn't even go there specifically to buy that, but was there to pick up a prescription. So. I'm an afterthought. And god forbid I talk politics. We use to not be that far apart, now it's a gulf. sad.

Well I got that off my chest.

No comments: